My ongoing problem found! (Pic says all)

RJ CB650
Power Poster
Power Poster

My ongoing problem found! (Pic says all)

Post by RJ CB650 »

Umm... yup... and I know exactly when this happened. If we remember, when I was cleaning out the grunge from that old gas, I tweaked the jetting to solve the lean low issue I had. As such, afterwards I was tuning. It had a hickup shortly after I got started, but after that, was going well but never could get it in tune right.

So why did it take my fourth removal to find it? Well when I clean, I start on bottom usually so carbs are on their side. As such, the needle is always lying flat as is the puck. I just never noticed. With new plugs and wires, I was able to clearly see if any cylinder was off. Combined with the symptoms not taking effect until is some throttle, I decided to start from the top. Took off the puck, pulled out the cylinder... needle stayed in the main jet!!!

If I remember, these are those junky needles I was warned about and suspected were in. I will look into seeing if I can get Honda and will contact TIMS again. If no luck at either, is there a tertiary recommendation? In addition, probably those screw caps too if it doesn't come out well.

Bikes and work have had me so busy, not really able to be active on here :D At least I KNOW this will solve the problem. If it doesn't then I am absolutely out of ideas. Broken needle in the one carburetor that was not showing signs of a perfect combustion? I will cry if this doesn't solve it.

FalldownPhil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: My ongoing problem found! (Pic says all)

Post by FalldownPhil »

Contact some of the carb rebuilders and buy one !!
Perhaps Louis as well.
Phil
When you are up to your ass in alligators it is sometimes difficult
to remember that your objective was to drain the swamp !!

RJ CB650
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by RJ CB650 »

FalldownPhil wrote:Contact some of the carb rebuilders and buy one !!
Perhaps Louis as well.
Phil
That was my second option since Discontinued from Honda. I do need to be a bit more connected on names. Who is Louis?

FalldownPhil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by FalldownPhil »

Put up a post in the wanted/for sale section on this site and see who can help you out.
Louis is not cheap but will have anything you could possibly want for your CBX.
www.usedcbxparts.com
It can't hurt to shop around :-)
Best,
Phil
When you are up to your ass in alligators it is sometimes difficult
to remember that your objective was to drain the swamp !!

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”