Another diaphragm thread. Recommended sourcing?

RJ CB650
Power Poster
Power Poster

Another diaphragm thread. Recommended sourcing?

Post by RJ CB650 »

From previous thread, I have nailed down part of my issue to something I never checked during my re-servicing. The accelerator pump and air cut. I did the carbs late last year and they were okay. In my recent servicing, I neglected to inspect and lo... holes noticed after my second time of cleaning and inspecting the carbs. Failure and oversight, but what can you do, eh?

Anyways, what is a recommended manufacturer of both the accelerator pump and the air valve? I got the bike almost tip top now, but will need to fix this issue. If not this, then after two cleans, i am plumb out of ideas! I prefer not to buy from ebay new service parts mainly because I like to know the manufacturer of parts and read up on them.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: Another diaphragm thread. Recommended sourcing?

Post by daves79x »

K&L replacements are OK and what I think everyone uses, unless you want to pony up for the Honda parts, if still available. I use the K&Ls and they are fine.

Dave

RJ CB650
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by RJ CB650 »

Thank you very much as always :D

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Check TIMS.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

RJ CB650
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by RJ CB650 »

Good call on Tims. I was checking around locally, and either unavailable or not in their listings. Online, well Tim got back to me real fast, order set up and parts ordered shipped. Still waiting for ye mass parts websites to respond.

Larry Zimmer

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Good to hear, RJ. Bill and Louis are typically as quick as a mousetrap to respond. And, to get things out.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

Larry Zimmer wrote:Good to hear, RJ. Bill and Louis are typically as quick as a mousetrap to respond. And, to get things out.

What Larry said. Bill and Louis give frankly outstanding service.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

RJ CB650
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by RJ CB650 »

That is what I look for in a business and a reason I tend to not get parts from ebay, etc. outside of restoration parts. I find stuff on the whole is better, faster, cheaper if you can find the good places. I hold customer service of extremely high value. It is the best way to gain or permanently lose my support. I just recently bought a wide assortment of new parts from one site for electrical upgrades on my other Honda. Went with them because finding what I needed, the supplied information, where they were located were all well done, but the response time and customer service were phenominal. They were online but beat service I have gotten in person. That earned them my dollars. I am sure that there might have been "cheaper" somewhere, but hard working people deserve a bit more and our business else we lose the best.

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”