Clear tube float level test.

whatscooking
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Clear tube float level test.

Post by whatscooking »

When doing this you check each carb to the screw up front, not all six clear tubes tied together right? Looks like you could check three against each other but all six together doesn't look right to me.

whatscooking
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Clear tube float level test.

Post by whatscooking »

Let me ask this a different way as I have trouble in the way I ask questions most times. No matter how I try to level my carbs on my bench my carbs aren't in level line with each other. That is why I ask, if you use the clear tube to check the float level on # 1 carb and then go over to 4-5-6 the level is off, 1-2-3 run pretty close. If I run each line up to their throat I have all carbs looking good. Do I have a seriously bent set of carbs on a rack even though everything closes and opens fine? It holds fuel not leaking a drop for 24 hours now. I am ready to go back together and I just want to make sure before I put them back in.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

They won't line up the way you want. Just check each bowl level individually with the clear tubing and if each is close to it's mounting screw, you're OK.

Dave

whatscooking
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by whatscooking »

I have been trying to read everything I can on the tube idea but this was hanging me up.

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”