Needle jet clip.

whatscooking
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Needle jet clip.

Post by whatscooking »

I have a set of carbs off of a Z going through all the cleaning and I am to the point of installing the needle valves. Mr Nixons book says to orient clip onto the needle valve facing the carb housing, I think is what the book said, my book is in the shop right now. I think I know how it goes on but I want to get this right. It looks like the clip is more forward doing it this way.

whatscooking
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Needle jet clip.

Post by whatscooking »

Let my try this again. What I am talking about is the float valve spring clip, page 30 pic #2 in Mikes Carb Cleaning book. It was late last night. It looks as if the bends on the clip point towards the posts that the float hinges on.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

I think Mike means that you install the already-clipped needle so that the open end of the clip faces to the carb body, not the carb center.

Dave

whatscooking
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by whatscooking »

Boy I think I was overthinking this. Like I said it was late and I was getting aggravated with my progress and I made a big deal about which way the spring clip that is on the float valve needle went on the float tap. The little curl on the spring facing forward or reward. I thought it would just be my luck that is had a particular way to go on and I should ask. Turns out it don't matter, I Emailed Mike Nixon and got an immediate response, maybe I gave him a good laugh for the day. But I still turned them the same way.

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”