Carb6 missing float peg top.

MauleUK
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Carb6 missing float peg top.

Post by MauleUK »

Hi all
Further into my carb dismantling/cleaning and found carb no 6, my final one has a broken end on the float peg (see pic) Obviously it had been like that for ages and presumably since last dismantled. I guess I could reassemble it and run it like that but is it possible to repair the alloy? Or is it a straight carb swop required?
Any advice gratefully received.
cheers
Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Re: Carb6 missing float peg top.

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Jim, check this posting: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8757&p=67323&hilit=float#p67323 Randall should have what you need at Randakk's.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

MauleUK

Post by MauleUK »

Hi Larry
Thanks for the link. Trouble is a peg kit costs $38 and then 20%vat and £8 customer clearance in UK so I have a possible homemade solution. I have drilled a brass tube and have a fixing screw (only half in as yet as shown) and intend trying JBWeld Steelstik to fix the peg but still leave the float pin able to be removed for future carb cleans. Will test JBweld's solubility to gasoline by a soak test before finalising the fix.
cheers

Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Larry Zimmer

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Good 'stuff', Jim. Does UK fuel contain any alcohol? (As does ours, 10%, in the states.) If so, recall that alcohol is a good solvent for many resins. If your gasoline is 'clean', I'm thinking you should be 'go' for the fix. Let us know the results.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”