VB61A carbs problem is this an extra pump?

MauleUK
New Member & Happy To Be Here

VB61A carbs problem is this an extra pump?

Post by MauleUK »

Hi all
I have a 79 Z and it is a UK bike as I am in the UK. I am doing a complete carb overhaul as per Mike Nixon's and Raddaak bits and pieces. I am however perplexed to find I have an unusual addition on my carbs as seen in the pics. Can't see any reference to it in the workshop maul I have. Seems to be a fuel pump of some sort. Luckily the diaphragm is in good nick because I wouldn't know where to source another. But why does my carb set have this pump if that is what it is? Anyone have any clues?
Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: VB61A carbs problem is this an extra pump?

Post by daves79x »

No, that part is a vacuum fuel shutoff that was retro-fitted by Honda due to the hydro-lock problem. It seems that many Euro bikes got this recall, but we didn't here in the US as that part is very rare here (being a single-outlet valve). If it works, I'd keep it in place.

Dave

MauleUK

Re: VB61A carbs problem is this an extra pump?

Post by MauleUK »

Hi Dave

Thanks for that… Hope it stays in one bit for a while longer as I can imagine it is quite rare and it does work OK.
cheers

Jim

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”