Pipemasters jetting

ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Pipemasters jetting

Post by 1047 »

I've searched almost every post regarding Pipemasters 6 into 6 exhaust here and elsewhere for jetting tips. The only clear answer I found was an 80X that used stock carbs, airfilter, airbox and said that the bike ran fine. I have a 79X with a 81 engine and 79 carbs with K&N pod filters, if anyone has experience with this combination or any other please let me know if you had to make any changes. I had the bike dyno tuned earlier this year with the stock pipes and K&N pod filters. Currently the carbs have 105 mains and the Dynojet needles are on the second clip and the mixture is just about perfect throughout the powerband. Now I've come across a set of Pipemasters and I hate the idea of spending money on the dyno again so if anyone can help with what you did or didn't do thank you. I'm in the midwest about 700 feet AGL.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: Pipemasters jetting

Post by daves79x »

Bolting on the Pipemasters will have no effect on what you've already done, if you are happy with that, then you'll be happy after.

Dave

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”