What am I doing wrong

ray bear
New Member & Happy To Be Here

What am I doing wrong

Post by ray bear »

Hi All, my carbs appear to be syncing up well with all 6 gauges indicating the same and engine appearing to run smooth enough but when on the road it seems the left bank is not coming onto power until after the right bank and until the throttle is opened just slightly and wont cruise smoothly under 80KPH .
Did I not have all the butterflies completely closed before I started to sync or what have I done. It used to run good but have only just purchased the bike recently and the last person to sync the carbs left all the lock nuts loose and it come out of tune and I have had to re do it. Thanks Bill

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: What am I doing wrong

Post by daves79x »

Are the choke shafts still connected?

Dave

ray bear

Post by ray bear »

yes the chokes are still riveted together in the centre and appear to be functioning correctly. Its like one bank is coming off the stops marginally before the other side but visibly all looks to be operating ok and similtaniously but obviously not.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Again, if that's the case, check the accuracy of your bank of gauges on a common source. If all that's good, make sure you are not missing parts in the throttle linkage tubes, like a spring or spacer. That's about the only thing that would prevent one side from opening with the other - taking up slack from the missing parts.

Dave

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”