Choke

Littleeagle28
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Choke

Post by Littleeagle28 »

daves79x wrote:3 And 6 not connected electrically. Are you sure the plugs are not firing at any speed (do the headpipes warm at all when you rev the bike higher than idle?). Are you sure you got all the wires connected properly (2 not reversed), if you had them out of the connectors. Maybe you have spark, but not at the right time?

Dave
Will check again, but didn't notice this last time I revved higher than 3000 rpm.
Will revers both coil connectors again also, just to make sure.

Littleeagle28
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Littleeagle28 »

daves79x wrote:3 And 6 not connected electrically. Are you sure the plugs are not firing at any speed (do the headpipes warm at all when you rev the bike higher than idle?). Are you sure you got all the wires connected properly (2 not reversed), if you had them out of the connectors. Maybe you have spark, but not at the right time?

Dave
Apologies if you receive this twice as posted earlier and doesn't appear to have been sent.

I revved above 3000rpm and pipes still not any hotter.

I have already reversed cables, but will try again next time and redo trial.

Littleeagle28
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Littleeagle28 »

Dave
Will get time this Sunday to have another look. May be a bit fragile though, as us Scots (and some English ) celebrate Robert burns birthday on Saturday.

spencer
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by spencer »

daves79x wrote:Are you sure you got all the wires connected properly (2 not reversed)? Dave
Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe #3 and #6 plug wires are reversed. Or some other combination of plug wires misconnected. It's worth a look.
SCH Rochester, MN

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”