I know, it's like blowing in the wind.
I know Mike I feel the breeze all the way to North Canton. :lol:

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: 1150cc piston kit, re jetting?

Post by EMS »

Jeff:

This is my last post about this. Because I think for you, it is not about the facts, it is about who posts it. This compression ratio thing is such a trivial item that it is embarrasing for you that you had to ask the question to begin with. And now me posting an answer is even more upsetting for you and you have to try everything to question what I say. Even making sarcastic remarks.
I suggest we stay out of each other's way in the future as far as discussions here are concerned.
In the meantime, go to, maybe, Wikipedia and read up about compression ratio.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Geert:

Now that we've totally screwed up your thread, please ignore the last page and feel free to get back on the topic when you need to.

Dave

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Mike,

My misunderstanding has nothing to do with your command od the English language. I had just never really thought about head volume being a factor. Your explaination cleared it up for me, even if it took several posts between you and Jeff before it sank into my skull. :idea:

Thanks again for the lesson. :clap:
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

piit
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by piit »

Hi,
For the original questions I may have some answers. ´79 model, Cruzinimage 1147cc, orig airbox + K&N drop in, pri jet changed.
Please see more from here.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7902

EDIT :-) Cruzinimage 1147cc, K&N drop in and pri jet changed in attached dyno pictures (+ported head)
Since above setup I have changed idle jet to 38 and sec jet to 102. I have not dyno that setup but feels good.

Cheers,
piit
Last edited by piit on Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

EMS wrote:Jeff:

This is my last post about this. Because I think for you, it is not about the facts, it is about who posts it. This compression ratio thing is such a trivial item that it is embarrasing for you that you had to ask the question to begin with. And now me posting an answer is even more upsetting for you and you have to try everything to question what I say. Even making sarcastic remarks..
Mike, please don't project your personality on me, I'm not upset or embarrassed one bit, at least not for me. :oops:

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”