Canadian source for Dynojet Stage 1?

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Canadian source for Dynojet Stage 1?

Post by Syscrush »

EMS wrote:Sonwhat did just the shipping (obviously via UPS red) and the fees cost you here?
80 for shipping and 30 for the brokerage fees. The big problem with the brokerage fees is that they vary but are never quoted up front. 30 is actually the lowest I've paid, it's usually 40-50.

I kind of got myself into this situation by assuming that my mechanic could get the kit, but the stupid Canadian distributor doesn't carry it. I've known for a while that I wanted it but I prefer to let the mechanic order it so he gets the markup.
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

tevan
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by tevan »

Wow that is alot to have something shipped and that is a small package!!! :twocents-02cents:

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Shipping anything outisde the U.S. has become a real nightmare. I had heard in the past of the fees that UPS charges for anything into Canada and USPS has significantly reduced regular package services to foreign countries. You can only use their premium services and package sizes are also reduced quite a bit.
If you want to send a motorcycle tank, for example, to a friend in the U.K. it has become cost prohibitive.

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Syscrush »

tevan wrote:Wow that is alot to have something shipped and that is a small package!!! :twocents-02cents:
Correct. The flipside is that At 5:15PM I was talking to Bill for the first time, and at 10:15AM the next day I was holding that small package in my hands - and getting it that day saved having to pull and open the carbs another time (since they were apart for cleaning anyhow) - so even though the cost was high, I did save compared to at least one worse alternative.

For things that are not so time-sensitive, I have had very good luck using regular mail aka USPS - going both directions between CA and US.
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”