High RPM's. Something hanging?????

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: High RPM's. Something hanging?????

Post by daves79x »

Looks good! Glad to hear all worked out with the carbs. These things let go of their secrets very reluctantly.

Dave

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Congrats, Chip.
A long ride will be a well deserved reward.

Got3now
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Got3now »

This bike is a Canadian model. I have been in touch with the original owner and he is anxious to see some pictures. I contacted him in 2007 when I first bought it, now it has finally come together. Three kids, a wife and a job have sure slowed things down.

Mike Nixon
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mike Nixon »

Got3now wrote:Success Finally!
It's alive and well. Another five hours work and finally idling correctly. It sounds so good and responsive, but I haven't rode it as it was wet,rainy and dark. So I am not totally out of the woods.

OK, so in the end I took off the carbs again,(third time this week), benched sync'ed them, and worked to get the plates as perfectly closed as possible (using a light). And adjusted them so the fast idle could close them all completely, yet when I turned the fast idle adjustment out all carbs would begin to show the first hole in sync.. Synced them as described in prior posts here. Started with 4 then 5,6, 3,2,1. Bottom line, I wanted to make sure the throttle plates could be completely closed and sync'ed which seemed to contribute to my problem. I know that may not be clear, but it was a pain..

I am not planning on doing any more adjustment with my vacuum gauges. I hope this is not a mistake?

Mike Nixon should add syncing the carbs or someone else should write a how to book as that is such a critical part of rebuilding the carbs so I have found..

Thank you all for your support.. Pictures to follow..!!!! :text-thankyouyellow:
You're right, I have to admit. My original thought was to not put anything in the booklet that the factory manual explained adequately. You have to remember, I was a diehard corporate Honda guy, and a 15-year dealer tech, so I drank the Honda Koolaid, and thought, well, you know what I thought. I have since learned. By the way, I do have a free tutorial on carb syncing on my website. Visit the link following.

http://www.motorcycleproject.com/motorc ... b_sync.swf

If you have trouble viewing the article, then go here.

http://www.motorcycleproject.com/motorc ... htips.html

I am so glad you guys got him squared away. You know how reluctant I am to chime in often. :-)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Mike Nixon wrote: You know how reluctant I am to chime in often. :-)

Mike, we all appreciate you coming here and sharing what you know. We all wish we would hear from you more frequently. 8)

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

+1
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

CopperCollar
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by CopperCollar »

I have been following your perils as I always pick something up to help me with my own pwrils in the CBX carb world.

Very cool to see another saved CBX.

Mike
When given the choice between being right or being kind; choose kindness. W. Dyer

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”