Carb Clamps

cbx6ss
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Carb Clamps

Post by cbx6ss »

On my Xmas list...

Features:
Price: $83.50 per set of 12 for Honda CBX (intakes at cylinder head) including US domestic shipping and handling. This accommodates all 6 CBX carb-to-cylinder head boots (both ends).
• High quality aircraft clamps constructed using 300 AISI series stainless steel.
• Generate superior clamping forces without damage to the intake.
• High function item with very trick look!
• Work on any Honda CBX with stock carburetion: Cylinder Head side (set of 12) and Airbox side (set of 6) versions are available below.
• Ideal for supercharged setups (which have positive and negative manifold pressures to deal with).
• "Stepless" screw clamps feature a unique tongue-in-groove design to provide a perfect 360 degree seal.
• Narrow band width of 9mm is perfectly matched to the Honda intake grooves.
• Smooth inner surface to protect the fragile rubber on old intakes.
• The tongue-in-groove design provides a "stepless" complete seal.
• Clever design allows installation without any disassembly of the carbs or intakes!
SOURCE:
Randakk's Cycle Shakk, LLC
Randall Washington, aka "Randakk"
President and Chief Executive Rider
Winston-Salem, NC USA

http://www.randakks.com/

cbx6ss
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Carb Clamps

Post by cbx6ss »

I just received a complete set of these (3/carb) and am VERY satisfied with the quality! My carb clamps were getting tired, so wanted to replace them with a better quality clamp. I shopped around a bit but did not find anything impressive, until I visited Randaak's site. These are what you want! High quality! Not inexpensive, but Randall personally sourced a perfect product. Here's the links to both intake and airbox sets:
/r
Brad

INTAKE (2/carb)
http://randakks.com/collections/honda-c ... ake-clamps

Airbox ((1/carb)
http://randakks.com/collections/honda-c ... cbx-airbox

CopperCollar
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by CopperCollar »

Oeiteker clamps work great!

The Honda clamps stretch over time and mo longer work.

Mike
When given the choice between being right or being kind; choose kindness. W. Dyer

HondaJohn
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by HondaJohn »

Randall's carb clamps are great clamps and so are his rubber carb boots. I recently heard a strange noise after filling up with some good non-eth gas and when I got home, I discovered that the #6 carb rubber had disentegrated. I bought the carb boots off of ebay in 2009 and have had trouble with this bike for the past 4 years, not being able to figure out the problem. When Randakk's boots arrived this week and I reinstalled the carbs (also with Randakk clamps), the bike is now purring like it should have long ago. The ebay boots are not manufactured to the correct specs. After doing a measure comparison between the ebay boots and the Randakk boots, there was a major difference in several areas of measurement. Holy crap, I was stupid for buying unproven boots off of ebay. All four of my CBX's now have the Randakk clamps and carb insulator boots.
79, 80, 81, 82 CBX's, 87 Hurr 1000F, 83CB1100F, 87 VFR700, 01 Blackbird
40 yrs of Hondas and still baffled....

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”