non std carbs

banjobill

non std carbs

Post by banjobill »

Hi all again,
Having my alternator question answered so promptly, how about this one.
Not being able to locate 33mm smoothbores for my 1300cc cbx I also discovered that some folk have fitted two sets of kawasaki 600 carbs on their machines, now I want to know is what model do these come from and what size are these carbs. ie 29,32mm etc.

cheers

Ken Elmore
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Kawi 600 carbs on the CBX

Post by Ken Elmore »

For more info on the Kawi carbs, go to the Danish CBX club website in the "Technical Articles" section. They have pictures of the carbs and some limited info. If you e-mail these guys, I'm sure they will help you out. They have always been very responsive to my questions in the past.

Let me know how this goes. I might like a set of these carbs on my project bike too--they sound like an interesting modification from the article. We can all start plowing through the Kawi section of the junkyard for a change.

Good Luck, Ken :)
Ken Elmore, ICOA 5645

CBX-CLUB Deutschland 844, der einzige Ami

Ride Hard, Be Cool

(3) 79's, (2) 80's, (1) 81, (2) 82's

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

carbs

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Fellows,I have a friend's CBX project bike in my garage doing some work on it,the owner has a set of 34mm smoothbore flatslides (mikuni) on the bike and is thinking of selling them.

They are already setup for the CBX,the rack,cables,choke,k&n filters and intake boots,if your interseted send me a PM and I'll talk to the owner about selling them and answer any questions you may have.

If you were at Marlinton the last couple of years you probably have seen the bike and carbs.

jeff bennetts cbxsix@yahoo.com

banjobill

Post by banjobill »

Hi Jeff,
I'm thinking that 33mm smoothbores mat be too heavyduty for my road going bike, and don't know if they would fit on a motor matin.
What price I'm I looking at:
They would aslo have to travel to the uk.

cheers

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

smoothbores

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

banjobill wrote:Hi Jeff,
I'm thinking that 33mm smoothbores mat be too heavyduty for my road going bike, and don't know if they would fit on a motor matin.
What price I'm I looking at:
They would aslo have to travel to the uk.

cheers
His motor started out as a 1260cc but now has a 1167 kit,both setups run good with the 34mm but the motor has many other mods with the piston kit.
One thing you will find no mater what size you go with is that the smoothbores won't close by themselves like CV carbs will,you need to manually turn the throttle to close them also the effort to pull the throttle is more than stock carbs.

Price I'll have to get back to you on.

jeff

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”