Pressed slow jets removal

piit
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by piit »

I knew this question will be asked :lol: ...to be installed separately.

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

piit wrote: . Currently I am fitting both FZR1000 and XJR1300 rear swingarm and also FZR1000 USD front end to my 79. Some works still to do ;-) Cheers, Pete
EMS wrote:How the heck are you fitting two swingarms into one bike :shock: :shock: :?
Alternative reason....very neat solution for two wheel drive in the back to accomdate all that bad weather in Finland...right Pete :lol:
My CBX lives near Harrisburg, Pa USA
Team222 = 2 Ole, 2 Fat and wayyyy 2 Slow

piit
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by piit »

....wise guys :o

About bad weather. Bad enought not to drive CBX...but I really like four clearly different seasons :D

piit
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by piit »

Pressed-in jets removed without probs, thanks again for the hints!
I used 2.5mm drill bit and 3mm tap (drilled approx. 5mm deep).

Also XJR1300 swingarm and FZR100 USD front-end fitted with 17" wheels. Still some electric work to do (main fuses relocation under to right side cover) and new oil pipes to be fitted.

Cheers,
piit

Mike Cecchini
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Mike Cecchini »

daves79x wrote:It's probably been covered here before, but here goes: 3mm will work, but SAE 4-40 is a better fit. Anyway - you need a screw of either of the above sizes, nut and a couple of washers. Then you need to tap the pressed-in jet a few threads. You don't have to drill a pilot hole, the jet has several mm of 'pilot hole' already drilled in it, before you get to the actual #35 passage. I've had a couple of guys tell me that the 3mm was pretty hard to get tapped without drilling out a bit, but the 4-40 will tap very easily.

Anyway, get as many threads tapped into the jet as possible, thread the nut up on the screw, put a washer on and then screw the assembly down into the threads you tapped. The tower the jet is pressed into makes a perfect pulling platform. Just tighten the nut down on the tower and the jet will pull right out. I've never ruined a jet this way and never had one I couldn't get out. And I've removed dozens of them.

Then you can properly clean the jets and the passages behind it. Just make sure you get all the debris blown out of the carb body. Then you need a small brass drift to reinstall. Just tap them back in with the drift. Good luck

Dave
Yup...... Dave did this right on the sidewalk at the Mega Rally in Atlanta. He made it look simple.....but it was his experience that did it so very well.
It's not what you ride.....it's how you ride.

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

piit wrote:Pressed-in jets removed without probs, thanks again for the hints!
I used 2.5mm drill bit and 3mm tap (drilled approx. 5mm deep).

Also XJR1300 swingarm and FZR100 USD front-end fitted with 17" wheels. Still some electric work to do (main fuses relocation under to right side cover) and new oil pipes to be fitted.

Cheers,
piit
It didn't happen without photos piit :P

N., very interested to see your project.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

piit
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Pressed slow jets removal

Post by piit »

Here is couple pics.
-piit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Very nice, what pipes are you using?

piit
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by piit »

Thanks I like them very much too. The front pipes are Marving and mufflers are Micron originally made for 900 Honda Hornet.
Very nice surprise was that I could utilized the mufflers own connection points.
Attached couple more pics. The link pipes were made by my friend from the SS, nice work from him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thore J
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Re:

Post by Thore J »

piit wrote: FZR100 USD front-end fitted with 17" wheels. ...
Hi... How mouch work did you have to put in to fit the FZR triples to the CBX frame?

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

I purchased new small jets but I didn't have the confidence in my technical ability to try install them in :(
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”