cbx carbs

Don

cbx carbs

Post by Don »

I just cleaned my CBX Carbs and put them back on the bike, I made sure that all passages and jets were clear. The problem that I have is it won't run under 3000 rpm with the choke off. With the choke on it is fine. Any suggestions ???

Thanks Don

SS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

carb problem

Post by SS »

Possible an Air leak
SS

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.

01 XL1200C 83 CB1100F 82 CBX 80 CBX

so far!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Whaley
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Carb Scync.

Post by Tom Whaley »

YOU WILL NEED TO GET YOUR CARBS SYNCHRONIZED AND IT SHOULD IDLE JUST FINE. :D
Tom Whaley

"aka" The Rocketman

Take care of your CBX's and each other.

Because a club is suppose to be fun. "TIM WARE"

carbs

Post by Guest »

my 80 did the samething after cleaning, and turned out to be the throtle cable adjustment. It's always the semple things that drive you crazy. Ron#5602

RIPPER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Carbs

Post by RIPPER »

How does it idle? If it doesn't idle well you may ave not gotten the pilot jets clean.Seems thats the big problem on tese carbs.Most use a fine (piano? guitar? ) brass wire to make sure they are clean
Thanks RIPPER
FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE!

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by sr71cbx »

\\
Last edited by sr71cbx on Sun May 16, 2004 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

carbs

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

You can purchase guitar string down to .08 for about a buck,I use the .12 string to clean the 79 idle jets with and sometimes very,very hot soapy water will disolve some deposites that solvents won't. :rocker:

jeff

Don

Carb Cleaning

Post by Don »

If I remember right it seemed like there were freeze plugs on the slow jet side. Is this normal or are the holes so small that they seem solid. Thanks Don

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Re: Carb Cleaning

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Don wrote:If I remember right it seemed like there were freeze plugs on the slow jet side. Is this normal or are the holes so small that they seem solid. Thanks Don
Don,on the 79 carbs the idle circuit has a rubber plug in the bottom of it but its fed by a pass through passage in the Primary main circut next to it.

jeff

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by sr71cbx »

--
Last edited by sr71cbx on Sun May 16, 2004 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KEYSMAN
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

cbx carbs

Post by KEYSMAN »

Don, did you ever get your bike to idle correctly? I had to replace a fuel line on my 81, then it started leaking fuel from the "T" in between #1 and #2 carbs. I had to pull #1 carb off and put in a new "T" and o-rings, put it back together, and now it won't idle below 2500 choke on or off. I even diconnected both throttle cables and the choke cable, and it still won't idle down. It will if I take a screwdriver and push down on the linkage in front of the carbs and force the butterfly assembly down some. Choke butterfllies appear to be open all the way, but I can't see if the fast idle cam is engaged or not. If I move my hand along the carbs when its running, I cant feel much air moving into the carbs, but the #2 carb is really sucking air, and, if I put my hand over it like a choke, the motor slows down. When I let go, it speeds back up. I have ordered new throttle cables from TIMS, as mine look pretty old, and a new oring kit, just to be safe. Any other suggestions or ideas before I head to the mechanic?

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”