Issue between 2500 to 3000 rpm

AshishNJ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Issue between 2500 to 3000 rpm

Post by AshishNJ »

I am through half bottle of sea foam so far has done no improvements. For me, pipes did not make any difference to the issue I am facing. Hesitant to remove carbs especially not knowing what I will be looking to fix. Bike otherwise runs great, idles all day, charges battery at idle etc etc
1979 CBX (faster Red)
1981 CBX Streetfighter
2017 Aprilia Tuono.
Past rides : FZ1, BMWS100rr,S1000r,k1300S,YAMA RD350,Enfield 350

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Issue between 2500 to 3000 rpm

Post by cross »

itsacbx wrote:Im in Canada, eh and I have an identical problem on my 79......sorta......
My bike has a K & N and Kerkers and I had the carbs off 4X, yes you read that right....FOUR freaking times.
There was an upside - I can now do a carb removal in 20 minutes tops!!!!!
My initial problem was created by giving the carbs to my local Vintage Club guy who had just acquired a soda blaster - well f#@* me it took me a week to get what I thought was all the soda residue out of the carbs, add my Randakks bits and pieces and shove her all back together.
Bike started perfectly but then ran on 1 or 4 or 2 or 6 cylinders .
Long story short it now idels perfectly and runs unbelievably well except for the burble/miss/stutter at a point where I believe the pilot jet doesnt function anymore as it transitions to the main jet.
Im also starting to think it may have some megaphonitis from the Kerkers.
I also see there is some issues about the K & N.
Lucky me I have a set of stock pipes and a stock filter, so once the damn rain stops Ill try those before I take the carbs off again.
Al

Take that K&N and throw it away as far as possible and use stock paper filter

Sasha
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

:auto-sportbike:

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”