Weird Fuel Leak

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Re: Weird Fuel Leak

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Whatever brand and model you fit, mc, do spend the few extra $$ for an AGM type battery. More crank; they don't mind being put up for a few months. Yes, a goldwing battery will fit. Might have to do a little 'adjusting' of the cable ends to accommodate the terminals.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

mcferreira100
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by mcferreira100 »

Thanks..this is what I need to know.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

GW battery fits perfectly you need to remove the plastic spacer if your bike still has one. There could be a problem with the alternator the oem wasn't the best even when in good condition. I switched my oem alternator to a Tim's alternator conversion and have no battery charging problems. A Tim's alternator and goldwing battery I have no shortage of starting power.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

mcferreira100
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by mcferreira100 »

But if its charging between 12 and 14 volts..which it is (unless the gauge is faulty), then surely charging is ok?

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

mcferreira100 wrote:But if its charging between 12 and 14 volts..which it is (unless the gauge is faulty), then surely charging is ok?
my voltage readout is just below 14 volts but I'm having issues with power surges that are causing problems but I've never seen that reflected on my voltage gauge. Maybe my gauge is wrong?

CBX oem alternators didn't charge well at idle, the bike which is air cooled wasn't meant to, so if you're idling it for long periods the battery may not be charging adequately it maybe discharging.

For the best expert advice you should send a personal message to dave79, ems or FalldownPhil .
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”