KENDAL Ultrasonic cleaner

whatscooking
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

KENDAL Ultrasonic cleaner

Post by whatscooking »

HB-821MHT is this an overkill with the cleaning power, 480 Watt? I have been looking but don't know how to spec one.

surftalks
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: KENDAL Ultrasonic cleaner

Post by surftalks »

I bought this one on ebay a year or so ago, it's been great with carbs. 180Watt Ultrasonic with 200Watt heater.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Stainless-S ... SwjVVV3ZBG
Craig
Dublin, Ohio

ICOA 5921
AMA
AMCA
VJMC - Central Ohio Field Rep.
Pilot ASEL Instrument

1979 Honda CBX Candy Glory Red
1979 Honda CBX Perseus Silver
1979 Honda CBX Black
1983 Honda CB1100F Faster Red (SOLD)
RANS Venterra S-19 N519CS

nightster
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by nightster »

Hi I have had one of these for years, I found it in a bin in work and nothing wrong with it as the got a new one. I used to use it in work and found whatever recommended chemical they use is too harsh it left the metal dull and white oxide in tight corners on aluminium especially carbs, I now use paraffin and get perfect results.

tevan
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by tevan »

nightster wrote:Hi I have had one of these for years, I found it in a bin in work and nothing wrong with it as the got a new one. I used to use it in work and found whatever recommended chemical they use is too harsh it left the metal dull and white oxide in tight corners on aluminium especially carbs, I now use paraffin and get perfect results.
How in the world do you use paraffin? The bar paraffin? I didn't know it was used as a cleaner

jnnngs
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by jnnngs »

tevan wrote:
How in the world do you use paraffin? The bar paraffin? I didn't know it was used as a cleaner
You wold know Paraffin as Kerosene.

Paul.

tevan
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by tevan »

Ok I guess I should of researched that better. Thanks for that clarification. Is kerosene ok to use at the temperature these things get? Mine can get close to 200 degrees

nightster

Post by nightster »

Hi mine gets warm too maybe 25 deg C about 77 deg F but no where near 90 deg C, guys you couldn't put your hand in it, this temperature isn't needed. Believe it or not you can use many liquids, washing powder, washing up liquid, thinners and lots more, the ultra sonics remove and dislodge the dirt the liquid carries the ultra sonics and the degreasers help. Forgot you guys call it kerosene, it wouldn't ignite at that temperature but the vapour it gives off might if it was shown a flame as that is what burns anyway. If your machine goes to that temperature use washing powder and clean in kerosene immediately its dry, this stops oxide forming.

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”