Leaking carbs after hibernation revival

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: Leaking carbs after hibernation revival

Post by daves79x »

Wet test with an auxiliary fuel tank using a pre-maid T with hoses. Prop them at an appropriate angle. Put them in an aluminum baking pan on the very outside chance they leak. Bench syncing should be done referencing the very forward of the three holes in the carb throat only. Proper idle speed is with just the very smallest amount of that hole showing. Make them all match #4, when it's set to that spec. Beware that any other throttle plate closed more than #4 will hold them all up.

Dave

AshishNJ
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by AshishNJ »

Thanks Dave. I will follow the procedure. I did use the last hole as reference. Cool advice on setting up idle

markjenn
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by markjenn »

She's alive again! Finally got Mike Nixon's rebuilt carb bank installed on my '79 (that started this thread) and although I've only been around the patch, it runs very well. And no leaks. Quite a project - I could do it again much faster, but I pray I'll never have to. Nixon's videos and install notes were a godsend and Nixon is a god. This forum was a big help too. THANKS!!!

- Mark

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”