new on forum...shopping for bike now.

You are seeing roughly half of our forum - what's here, how to register to see the remainder
wood337
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

new on forum...shopping for bike now.

Post by wood337 »

Hello all,

Live in southwest Washington state. Have a '68 BSA Victor and '75 Elsinore. Looking for a street bike now. Have had Harleys....something different this time.

I almost bought a new CB1100 the other day and then ran across a CBX for sale. The CB1100 has that awesome Honda look for sure and is probably pretty easy to live with.....but the CBX is the pinnacle of that kind of Honda........so I'm scratching my head for a few days. lol

The bike is a 1981 and I'd be removing the fairing which will leave me fitting a headlight on. Which fit? (cb900...etc?) or is it CBX only on that?

Also, I think the tail section, rear fender, tailight it a bit bulky. Has anyone done a bobbed off or fender delete deal on their bike? I'm only interested in bolt-on............I want to store the fairing and tail, undamaged, for easy return to original.

Thanks very much

Wayne

Mouse
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: new on forum...shopping for bike now.

Post by Mouse »

:text-welcomewave: Wayne

There are a few here who have defaired the CBX C series so they will, no doubt, chime in soon.
Canadian Amateur Radio Call sign VE6 VES

Return to “New Users - Start Here”