999 SIX Build

Hey, what projects are you planning or preparing for? CBX, other motos, workshop, WHATEVAH!
akinz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: 999 SIX Build

Post by akinz »

Man you've done a mint job on this! I love the retro mod! Tasty bits you've put on there. What is kind of header did you use and did you take the remaining bits to a pipe shop to mold into the Duc's pipes?

That thing is gonna sound aaaaaamazing. Make sure you post a couple vids when you get r runnin! :handgestures-thumbup:

Wiskey Tango Foxtrot
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Wiskey Tango Foxtrot »

The header is/was a Kerker 6 into 2 .....now it's a 6 into 1 .......pipe is custom from the collector back to the tail. Got it outside today for a picture .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I took the "Short Bus" to school because they told me it was faster.....what did they tell you ?

Wiskey Tango Foxtrot
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

SHE LIVES !
I took the "Short Bus" to school because they told me it was faster.....what did they tell you ?

Wiskey Tango Foxtrot
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

SHE LIVES !

FalldownPhil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by FalldownPhil »

I'll bet that feels really good !! She is a pretty one as well :-)
Best,
Phil
When you are up to your ass in alligators it is sometimes difficult
to remember that your objective was to drain the swamp !!

akinz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by akinz »

Way to go! Such a sweet feeling!

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Time to break in those tires!
Very cool looking CBX.

Wiskey Tango Foxtrot
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks so much guy's , and yes it is a relief having it running after 15 years of sitting in a field with only a tarp over it. Couldn't believe it didn't even smoke a bit as I was sure the valve guides would have been as dry as a popcorn fart. I'm still not quite home yet as I need to throw a leg over it and take it for a shake down on the road, but that will have to wait till next week when I have the rear sets mounted and the tail light mounted. It's been an exciting 11 months to build this beast and a privilege to converse with the members here on CBX IOA , I feel like I'm moving away from a family that has helped me and looked after me for the last year , as I probably won't be on hear near as much as I was during the build searching for information and guidance throughout the whole ordeal. A great bunch of people you guys are and a definite asset when it came to this project....THANKS AGAIN !

As I lay in bed last night as excited as a little school girl , I think I may have my next project in line , I know I said I was going to build my dream car a Datsun 510 with a twin turbo rotary motor......but I think that will be on hold for a bit now as I think I may have stumbled onto something that may make my blood run a little faster without the chance of loosing my license due to the strict laws we have here in BC. When I was into snowmobiling I had a turbo Yamaha 1000 cc that produced 350 HP , the whole package (motor and turbo system) was under 200 lbs , a great and reliable package. Since visiting New Zeeland and seeing a Jet Sprint boat race I have always pondered what it would take to build a scaled down version of one of those boats ? The boats used are 13 ft long and up to 1400 HP , I'm thinking 8-10 ft long and 350-450 HP , with a water cooled intercooler it should not be a problem to achieve these numbers , I just need to either find a large personal watercraft to modify the hull (skin it with aluminum plate and stretch it a foot or two) or start from scratch and build a hull. The thought of blasting up a narrow river or large creek with an aluminum hulled wave crusher has my interest at the moment and I think that is what I am going to put on the drawing board for a new project :sad-roulette: https://youtu.be/v_HMh3RSJQA you get the idea ?

Mouse
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mouse »

Having viewed the vid you linked and since you live in BC, go talk with a boat builder on Vancouver Island. Those who build those aluminum hulled rough sea small fishing boats. Stretching and skinning a jet ski seems wasteful money wise.
Oh and Sweet bike!
Canadian Amateur Radio Call sign VE6 VES

Wiskey Tango Foxtrot
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Mouse wrote:Having viewed the vid you linked and since you live in BC, go talk with a boat builder on Vancouver Island. Those who build those aluminum hulled rough sea small fishing boats. Stretching and skinning a jet ski seems wasteful money wise.
Oh and Sweet bike!
As someone on here quoted me when I started this build
"Let me offer a suggestion :idea:
It seems to me that you desperately try to walk the difficult path."

I thank you for the "suggestion" But I seem to see things a little differently than most others ? What I plan on doing is a 1 man boat. So stretching and skinning a large Watercraft (not a jet ski they are way to small) isn't that big a venture .

Mouse
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mouse »

Wiskey Tango Foxtrot wrote:
Mouse wrote:Having viewed the vid you linked and since you live in BC, go talk with a boat builder on Vancouver Island. Those who build those aluminum hulled rough sea small fishing boats. Stretching and skinning a jet ski seems wasteful money wise.
Oh and Sweet bike!
As someone on here quoted me when I started this build
"Let me offer a suggestion :idea:
It seems to me that you desperately try to walk the difficult path."

I thank you for the "suggestion" But I seem to see things a little differently than most others ? What I plan on doing is a 1 man boat. So stretching and skinning a large Watercraft (not a jet ski they are way to small) isn't that big a venture .
Considering what you accomplished with your CBX build.

:doh: :doh:

l appologize for my previous post.

What I should have said was, have fun with the new project, and let us know how it turns out.
Canadian Amateur Radio Call sign VE6 VES

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Syscrush »

The main thing I like about this build is that it makes no sense - you're mashing 2 bikes with very, very different characters together because they're both bikes that you like. And the work is done to a high standard with interesting results. I can't wait to see the final fitment of the bodywork with the monstrous I6 poking out of the slender 999 bodywork - like a Roots blower & bugcatcher intake towering over the roofline of a Ferrari. :D
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

Wiskey Tango Foxtrot
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

No problem Mouse , I couldn't see myself doing that much work to a "Jet Ski" either ? but some watercraft seem to be in the 7-9 foot length and that would be close to what I am looking for .So , all I have to do is find a watercraft with a similar hull to what I am looking for , skin it with aluminum , chuck in a turbo Yamaha sled motor (as the sled motors don't have a transmission ) chop off the top deck and seating area , and fab in a cockpit built for one person.......shit I hope I haven't started a whole new kind of watercraft ?

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

No kidding a monster like that would need a cockpit for one.
Nobody else would be nuts enough to get in there with you. haha.

Wiskey Tango Foxtrot
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Well here she is, IRIS is what I call her. 1 thing left to install as of today , and that is the keyless ignition that I am desperately waiting for .....Damn Washington state fires.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Project Threads”