Steventatt builds a 220 HP CBX

Hey, what projects are you planning or preparing for? CBX, other motos, workshop, WHATEVAH!
Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Re: Steventatt builds a 220 HP CBX

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

EMS wrote: The CBX is a weak link when you go to 200hp.
Fixed it for you!

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

My other thought exactly!

Dave

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I stand corrected! :D :D :D :D

hondaman160mph
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by hondaman160mph »

Maybe the way to build a 200HP CBX is graft on another engine like Andreas Georgeades's V-12 CBX.
He is currently building a 16 cylinder H16 motorcycle engine. Amazing build done old school without the aid of CAD computer engineering.

http://thekneeslider.com/16-cylinder-h1 ... eorgeades/

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

I keep hoping for an update from CBXtacy on that latest project.
George seems to have disappeared from these here parts.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote:I keep hoping for an update from CBXtacy on that latest project.
George seems to have disappeared from these here parts.
You can probably find him on CBXWorld.

Difficult to follow Andreas' progress. He is a free spirit and works on stuff just when he likes to. Also, when he runs into a snafu and decides he needs some special part, he relies on someone to donate it. He does not have unlimited funds for his projects.
I am surprised, that he comes up with the stuff that he has.
last time I heard about the H16, he was trying to incorporate the cam drive components from a VF1000R. He was also looking into technical details of the Porsche Flat 8.

steventatt
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by steventatt »

hey thanks merdoch
someone said earlier in the discussion,
huge robinson from kelso near Bathurst in nsw Australia, has now built MANY cbx's putting out over 200hp.
give him a ring or look him up on the net! I don't think he will tell you how he dose it, but maybe you send him your engine and enough money
he will build you one
horse power is only a question of money.
cheers.
steve

steventatt

Post by steventatt »

steventatt wrote:hey thanks merdoch
someone said earlier in the discussion,
huge robinson from kelso near Bathurst in nsw Australia, has now built MANY cbx's putting out over 200hp.
give him a ring or look him up on the net! I don't think he will tell you how he dose it, but maybe you send him your engine and enough money
he will build you one
cheerse
steve
horse power is only a question of money
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by steventatt on Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

steventatt wrote:horse power is only a question of money
Yep! Physics don't matter! Isaac Newton was a dumbass! :lol: :lol:

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Gearheadgregg »

Horsepower = How fast you can hit a Wall.....Torque= How far you can push the wall when you smash into it :o ...been kinda following this thread of 220 hp..My Gl 1500 had 100 hp stock,pushed it to 144 hp with a Magnacharger Supercharger, No way the stock Clutch could hold 44 more HP...so we of coarse Install Barrnet Racing Clutch and spring (Diaphragm) problem solved . Now added 50 more HP with Nitrous Oxide , close now @ 200 HP...now Again Barrnet Racing Clutch will not hold in 5th gear, When NOS is Hit in 5th Instant Rev limiter from slip!!, Now i have to pull the clutch and remove the Thick Barrnet Racing spring and Try 2 stock springs doubled up and see if it will hold..and yes replace the plates for the 3rd time lol, so i am curious what has been done to the CBX clutch to hold Like Myself double the Factory HP,, TIA Image

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

EMS wrote:
steventatt wrote:horse power is only a question of money
Yep! Physics don't matter! Isaac Newton was a dumbass! :lol: :lol:
Well, he must not have been too bright, if legend is true, and he sat under the apple tree. :teasing-poke:
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Gearheadgregg wrote: ...been kinda following this thread of 220 hp..My Gl 1500 had 100 hp stock,pushed it to 144 hp with a Magnacharger Supercharger, No way the stock Clutch could hold 44 more HP...so we of coarse Install Barrnet Racing Clutch and spring (Diaphragm) problem solved . Now added 50 more HP with Nitrous Oxide , close now @ 200 HP...now Again Barrnet Racing Clutch will not hold in 5th gear, When NOS is Hit in 5th Instant Rev limiter from slip!!,
Gregg: There are probably ways to make this all work, and this is where money comes into play. But the issue for me is, someone claims he makes 200+hp out of 1300cc with a compression ratio of 10:1 in a naturally aspirated motor....... :whistle:

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Gearheadgregg »

EMS wrote:
Gearheadgregg wrote: ...been kinda following this thread of 220 hp..My Gl 1500 had 100 hp stock,pushed it to 144 hp with a Magnacharger Supercharger, No way the stock Clutch could hold 44 more HP...so we of coarse Install Barrnet Racing Clutch and spring (Diaphragm) problem solved . Now added 50 more HP with Nitrous Oxide , close now @ 200 HP...now Again Barrnet Racing Clutch will not hold in 5th gear, When NOS is Hit in 5th Instant Rev limiter from slip!!,
Gregg: There are probably ways to make this all work, and this is where money comes into play. But the issue for me is, someone claims he makes 200+hp out of 1300cc with a compression ratio of 10:1 in a naturally aspirated motor....... :whistle:
Does seem a bit high without power adders ? Like to see the Headwork in some pictures, my CBX is opened up very large

Return to “Project Threads”