Nils' projects on the "Incorrect '80", and others

Hey, what projects are you planning or preparing for? CBX, other motos, workshop, WHATEVAH!
NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Nils' projects on the "Incorrect '80", and others

Post by NobleHops »

Excellent day. Unseasonably warm and roads are still clean, so I got to go for a ride on all 4 bikes and give them all some exercise. Naturally the X got the honors. Was a little rough running till I could get the revs up for a bit, but cleared up soon enough, and ran well.

It's always a little spooky bedding new brakes in, but soon enough there was good power and a lot better feel than the stock calipers, so I am very happy with the upgrade. I think there's still a little air in the system, have a strap on the lever to see if I can get the last of it out. Verdict: Total success on the brake project. Thanks to Bob French and Tom Tokarz from TrueDisk for that.

The unexpected thing was how much I liked the sport kit footrests. I did not expect to feel much of a difference but it feels a lot better in combination with the sport kit bars I've had all along. New stickers are inbound for that, as they look a little odd without.

Swapped out my starter solenoid today too as I was having intermittent flakiness starting. Was glad to review all those connections, everything worked great thereafter. Checked over oil and tire pressures and other bits so it all felt shipshape.

Great day of Xing. Hope your day was too.

N.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Return to “Project Threads”