Mullets galore (was Restored Gauges)

The fun, the funny, the wacky, and the sublime. Off-topic, humor, whatever. Post it here!
NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Mullets galore (was Restored Gauges)

Post by NobleHops »

EMS wrote:
SteveG wrote: So, meet you in North Adams at noon on Friday? :wink:

Steve

While you guys are at it...it is only a short ride from North Adams to Lexington. So why don't you keep going and meet with us other CBXers at Mid Ohio.. :wink: :wink:
@Steve, I look forward to CBXing with you, but I will be on the Cape this weekend, and on Friday I will be squiring my girl to a Melissa Etheridge concert. Picture that for a moment if you will: Me, at a Melissa Etheridge concert on Cape Cod. My karma points runneth over with Felicia for this one.

@Mike, I'd dearly love to take home that Minichamps model, but it's not in the cards I'm afraid :-(.

N.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Restored gauges!

Post by EMS »

Well... :roll: If it was Bruce Springsteen, Dire Straits, Eric Clapton or even Bob Seeger, I would understand...but Melissa Etheridge..... :shock: :shock:.
Report back to us on Monday ..how many women in the audience looked like Pete Rose :mrgreen:

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

EMS wrote:Well... :roll: If it was Bruce Springsteen, Dire Straits, Eric Clapton or even Bob Seeger, I would understand...but Melissa Etheridge..... :shock: :shock:.
Report back to us on Monday ..how many women in the audience looked like Pete Rose :mrgreen:
That's where I'm at. This weekend is all about the girl. And you are so right: I actually saw her with Felicia about a year ago closer to home, and there were more women wearing sensible shoes and sporting brushy fem-mullets in the audience than I have ever seen in one place before. I was a teeny bit scared :face: .

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Nils Menten

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

NilsMenten wrote:
EMS wrote:Well... :roll: If it was Bruce Springsteen, Dire Straits, Eric Clapton or even Bob Seeger, I would understand...but Melissa Etheridge..... :shock: :shock:.
That's where I'm at. This weekend is all about the girl. And you are so right: I actually saw her with Felicia about a year ago closer to home, and there were more women wearing sensible shoes and sporting brushy fem-mullets in the audience than I have ever seen in one place before. I was a teeny bit scared :face: .

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I forgot about this: When was the last time you saw this at a concert or sporting event, especially one where beer was liberally sold? :)

Nils Menten

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

:D :D :D Seems to be the last domain women's lib has not conquered yet....They managed to get baby changing stations in there... :mrgreen:

barryadam
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by barryadam »

Who takes a camera into the men's room...?

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

barryadam wrote:Who takes a camera into the men's room...?
iPhone baby! There is no privacy left in the world :-).

(although it's not like I violated anybody's privacy with this)

N.
Nils Menten

zxbob
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by zxbob »

NilsMenten wrote:
barryadam wrote:Who takes a camera into the men's room...?
iPhone baby! There is no privacy left in the world :-).

N.
I love my iphone . . . . . . not that I might want to capture the moment Nils did. :oops:

Bob
Good parts aint cheap ~ and cheap parts aint good !

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

zxbob wrote: I love my iphone . . . . . . not that I might want to capture the moment Nils did. :oops:

Bob

This was one of these moments, when you want to shoot someone... I am going to the restroom at the airport (forgot which airport) and there, in a stall, sits a guy at the usual business you do there and ON THE CELL PHONE. Talking to someone, all the way making the noises associated with a heavy bowel movement...I just couldn't believe it. What has the world come to :?: A place full of constantly communicating earthlings. :roll:

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

EMS wrote:
zxbob wrote: I love my iphone . . . . . . not that I might want to capture the moment Nils did. :oops:

Bob

This was one of these moments, when you want to shoot someone... I am going to the restroom at the airport (forgot which airport) and there, in a stall, sits a guy at the usual business you do there and ON THE CELL PHONE. Talking to someone, all the way making the noises associated with a heavy bowel movement...I just couldn't believe it. What has the world come to :?: A place full of constantly communicating earthlings. :roll:
Happened to me just the other day on the way to SFO. I was astonished.

N.
Nils Menten

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

EMS wrote:What has the world come to :?: A place full of constantly communicating earthlings. :roll:
You'll need to redefine 'communicating' I think - It sure doesn't mean the same thing it did 30 years ago

A friend has an I-phone . . . . claims he's 'addicted' to it. A couple months back one of our grand daughters failed to get off the school bus. Nobody had a clue where she might be. Her mother thought *maybe* she had taken another bus and got off at my friend's house without authorization

We tried calling for an hour or more and couldn't get through either on their cel number or the landline. By that time we were literally pulling our hair out, worried as heck about the child, so we drove over there. Turns out their AT&T I-phone seldom has service out at their house . . . . and the week before they had switched their landline phone over to the cable company . . . . and their cable service was down all afternoon

I'll take the old 'communicating' when you could actually reach someone if there was an emergency

Don

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Don wrote: You'll need to redefine 'communicating' I think - It sure doesn't mean the same thing it did 30 years ago

Don
You hit the nail on the head, Don. :roll: :roll:

SteveG
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Mullets galore (was Restored Gauges)

Post by SteveG »

For me, communicating is face to face in person.

Otherwise, way to much is left open to interpretation (i.e. guess work).

Smiley faces and icons just can't convey what really is being communicated. The tone of voice, the body gesture, the wink of an eye, the corner of the lip rising, a tilt of the head, the shoulder droop, a combination of them all - how many things are passed over with these: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :DD :face: :sleep:

Yes it is fun, but it is not the real world.

Steve
82 CBX, 82 CB900F Project, 81 CB900(985)F, 79 CB750(810)F, 06 Wee-Strom

Return to “No Redeeming Value”